The cost of editing services are based on the number of words to be edited.
Our editors will review your finalised manuscript as a Microsoft Word document using the track changes tool so that changes and the reason for those changes are clearly visible. Comments will be seen in the margin of the document returned to you. Upon completion of editing and your review of the edited document, the editor will be available to discuss the edited manuscript by telephone.
Additional significant work on the manuscript may be subject to additional charges but this will be confirmed after negotiation. This is a rare occurrence and might apply when the author requires major structural changes to the document. Additional charges can be costed at an hourly rate.
Please note that re-submission of an altered manuscript (subsequent to the submission of the finalised manuscript) may incur additional cost especially if the editor has to commence the process from the beginning. Editing a resubmitted manuscript, after the author has implemented changes, often requires the manuscript to be re-edited in its entirely and incurs new editing fees. However if the author uses Microsoft Word track changes on sections of the manuscript, then the editor can edit these sections on an hourly rate basis.
The cost of typesetting is included in all proposal and packages. Typesetting costs depend on the approximate number of words and the number of design elements included.
Please note cookbooks and other non-fiction works will usually require separate quotation – as a guide cookbooks are usually $2,495 +GST
Images – Five interior images are included in the Standard publishing plan, 10 in the Premium publishing plan. Images that exceed this number will be charged at the rate of $3.50+GST per image. A rate for over 100 images can be negotiated. Images must submitted as either:
- high resolution jpg files embedded within the manuscript; OR
- high resolution jpg files with a clear reference in the manuscript in this format < Caption: Mary Campbell’s early life File: mary campbell.jpg> .
Footnotes – Up to 50 footnotes can be included without additional charge
Index- Indexes are not included in either Standard or Premium publishing plans but can be built on an hourly rate basis.
Alterations: Typesetting commences on receipt of the author’s manuscript. If another manuscript is submitted after typesetting has been completed or commenced this will incur additional costs. A limited number of corrections to typeset work are with the terms of both the Standard and premium publishing plans – two rounds of minor corrections are allowed. Corrections are not re-submission of entire manuscripts for re-typesetting rather specific instructions to change specific parts of the text. Corrections are limited and minor changes to text (not structural changes to the book layout) – 20 minor changes 1st round, 5 minor changes second round. Re-submission of entire manuscripts will incur a cost to re-typeset the book.
The cost of websites is included in the Premium self publishing plan. Web page construction includes:
- home page and sub-page design based on book artwork.
- up to 10 subpages, including basic keyword optimisation for Search engines e.g. Google. Page content must be provided in a Word document (including images) with each page title clearly identified before commencement of building the site.
- purchase of a URL – registered for 1 year
- 12 months free hosting (with the option to remain or transfer to other hosting service)
- PayPal shopping cart – author must establish a personal PayPal account
- links to author’s previously established Facebook, Twitter and other social media accounts
- one hour training session
- guaranteed and maintained for one year OR up to 2 hours specific maintenance – ongoing maintenance packages available
Please note, while pages can be optimised for keywords, building of a website does not include top Google rankings.
Alterations: A one hour training session will be conducted enabling the author to implement changes to content. Green Hill can implement changes after the launch of the website but this will incur additional charges based on an hourly rate.